Issued on: Modified:
Four police officers detained after a video appeared to show them beating and racially abusing a music producer in Paris were brought before a judge on Sunday, according to sources close to the investigation. Watch FRANCE 24’s coverage of Paris prosecutor Rémy Heitz’s update on the next stage of the judicial process at 5 pm French time (GMT+1).
On Friday, President Emmanuel Macron said the images of the beating of music producer Michel Zecler by police officers in Paris last weekend “shame us”.
Click on the video player above to watch FRANCE 24’s live coverage.
- Three French police officers suspended over beating of Black man in Paris studio (0)
- ‘Structural’ issues behind the brutality (0)
- Anger at police beating galvanises French protests against security bill (0)
- Macron ‘very shocked’ by police brutality images as pressure on govt mounts (0)
- New French law banning images of police sparks civil rights concerns, protests (0)
- French govt indicates possible backtrack on controversial ‘police filming’ law (0)
- Tensions run high on US Election Day despite generally peaceful vote (0)
- Prizewinning photojournalist injured covering Paris protest (0)
- Rights groups, press freedom advocates protest against French security bill (0)
- Macron takes on the English-language press, a controversial security law and the myth of Charles De Gaulle (0)
- Live Global Coronavirus News: White House Says It’s Bracing for an Autumn Wave (0)
- Live Global Coronavirus News – The New York Times (0)
- French parliament gives initial approval to controversial security bill (0)
- Brazil police arrest supervisor in deadly beating of Black man in Carrefour supermarket (0)
- Beaten by police: The images of music producer’s assault that have shocked France (0)
- Armed men in T-shirts enforce the law, raise election violence fears in Uganda (0)
- Anger mounts over police use of excessive force to clear Paris migrant camp (0)
- Turkey protests German search of Libya-bound ship (0)
- Trump pardons Michael Flynn, who lied to FBI about Russia contacts (0)
- Rockets target Eritrea capital after Ethiopia declares victory in Tigray (0)